Preschool Hours and Schedule
Our program runs weekdays, with half-day (7:30-12:15) or full-day (7:30-5:30) options.
The Preschool year begins the Tuesday after Labor Day and ends on the 4th Thursday of July, covering 11 months (47 weeks) of continuous school.
We are closed for the following holidays (these follow the calendar set each year by the San Diego Unified School District)
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Vacation (closed W, T, F of Thanksgiving Week).
- Winter Vacation (closed two weeks)
- Martin Luther King Day
- Lincoln Day
- Washington Day
- Spring Vacation (closed one week)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
In May/June we evaluate the availability of staff and the need of parents to determine the feasibility of the August program. Registration for the August session is available only to currently enrolled preschool families, and spots are awarded on a first-come first-served basis, with a priority given to parents requesting full-time spots. The purpose of the August session is to provide a nurturing environment for working families. Cooping is not required during this session. Please note that August Session enrollment is not guaranteed, as it is dependent on staff availability.
Typical Daily Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. School opens; parents begin dropping-off toddlers in Rm. 109, other children in Rm. 105
- 8:15 a.m. All children move into their own classroom with their teacher.
- 9:00 a.m. Indoor/outdoor choice in all rooms.
- 10:00 a.m. Clean-up
- 10:15 a.m. Group time, followed by hand washing and snack time (Snack time varies per classroom).
- 10:45 a.m. Open choice activities–indoor and outdoor.
- 11:45 a.m. Group time, followed by hand washing and lunch.
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch, farewell to children whose timeslot ends at 12:00 in the toddler classroom
- 12:15 p.m. Farewell to children whose timeslot ends at 12:15 and the transition to nap time starts.
- 12:45 p.m. Naptime begins with music, books and back rubs.
- 2:30 – 2:45 p.m. Children gradually wake up from nap time — Indoor/outdoor choice activities
- 3:45 p.m. Afternoon snack (provided by the school)
- 4:30 p.m. Indoor/outdoor choice
- 5:00 p.m. Group time and farewells for all remaining children
- 5:30 p.m. School closes